The deadline date was extended to the 12th January so there is still another week to put pen to paper and finish a short story of just 2,500+ words. It can be imaginary or built on a personal experience.
The draft design of the front cover of the book is shown and if your story is included it will receive extensive circulation; not just within the Indian readership who buy 40,000 English language books each day, but it will be translated into 2 other languages for distribution globally.
If you are interested, we might be able to squeeze an extra few days beyond the deadline of the 12th January while the entries are being sorted and collated ready for the judges to review. Just let us know you intend to enter by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Theme – India: An Idea
- Word Count: Minimum 2500 words and maximum 5000 words.
- Language: English (it will later be translated into other languages)
- The story should not have been published anywhere else before this – online, or otherwise.
- The story should be an original work by you, and should not be copied/stolen.
- Please submit your stories to email@example.com with ‘Short Story Submission’ as subject line.
- Please send the story as a word document attachment in the mail. Hard copies will not be entertained.
- If your story is selected, you will get 20 copies of the book for free. You can also request for customization of your copies (a message on the front page, etc)
- The profit from this book will be shared equally by InkHorn and the Authors, with a 50% share of both.
- Along with international audiences, your story will also be translated in 2 languages other than English.
- Your story will be published by InkHorn Publication India, in association with some of world’s biggest self-publishing platform from all over the world!